Social Media & Marketing Manager
Application review will begin 11/13/2019
About you: one data-driven social media marketing savant to join the W.R. Metalarts team as we continue to grow! If you love the Etsy, #makersgonnamake, Farm-to Table, and sustainable fashion movements, have experience helping creative entrepreneurs grow their eComm business to new levels, and are excited to support non-traditional couples in discovering the perfect nature/vintage-inspired ring---this job is for you!
About us: we are Rosie and Will, partners in life and business and owners/ co-founders of W.R. Metalarts, a family business designing and handcrafting nature and vintage inspired engagement and wedding rings. All our materials are 100% sustainably and ethically sourced and our rings are made in our Southern Vermont studio by Will. We help our clients feel like they are right here in the studio with us by using social media and internet marketing to create an authentic client to maker experience.
Because 90% of our business is derived through targeted social media marketing and our eCommerce Shopify store, we need a social media marketing SUPERSTAR with a passion for creative entrepreneurship and sustainable business practices. We’re looking for someone to join our team so we can reach even more amazing people who want a super unique and non-traditional ring buying experience.
The position will be part-time to start (15-20 hours per week) with potential to increase hours over the next 3-6 months.
The right person is committed to excellence, possesses a rare combination of love and attention to detail in all their work. Our client base is diverse and folks specifically come to us because the traditional wedding/engagement culture is not for them. Enthusiasm and experience marketing to and working with couples/people/partnerships of all kinds is a MUST. (e.g. if you are not super exicted to market to/work with queer folks, vintage conoseurs, nerds, interracial and interreligeous couples, nature enthusiasts, creatives etc. --- this will not be a great fit).
Skills required for the position:
- Experience working with growing eCommerce brands
- Advanced knowledge of internet marketing platforms: Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and YouTube (Pinterest = a plus!)
- Advanced experience in ad set up, configuration, A/B testing and remarketing strategies
- Data-nerd: advanced ability to synthesize website and ad analytics data into actionable steps to grow our business
- Comprehensive understanding of FB and Google algorithms and ability to analyze Ad Spend ROI and leverage marketing budget to optimize conversions/revenue
- Admin skills (google docs, calendars, scheduling, contracts)
- Advanced experience in using client avatars to create extremely targeted ads and using data-driven techniques to optimize
- SUPER ORGANIZED - we manage a ton of creative assets and have to plan well ahead for seasonal eCommerce marketing campaigns. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proactivity - We’re always looking for new apps and tools to use to streamline our marketing, so it would be a match made in heaven if you suggested ways we can be more efficient!
- Basic Photoshop/Canva design ability
Bonus skills that would make you the PERFECT candidate:
- Copywriting and ability to generate authentic organic social media content
- Design skills - ability to articulate design/creative needs to our photographer for seasonally on brand marketing
- Experience in website CRO and ability to analyze data to improve CRO
- Ability to implement data-driven approach to working with Influencers
- Experience working in a small business
- Experience/ability to design and execute eCommerce email marketing campaign
- Passionate about ethically-made/sustainably sourced products (think #slowfashion #farmtotable #shoplocal)
This has the opportunity to grow into a full-time position where you are managing/visioning and implementing our entire marketing strategy.
Position is remote with flexible hours - must have access to reliable computer and internet connection.
The best way to apply is to fill out the application here. AND let us know that you applied by sending us a quick email with subject line: #applied to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be in touch with you if I think it's a good fit. So excited to talk with you!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read to the end and we’re so excited to connect with you and make some #handcrafted magic happen!
<3 Rosie and Will